Code of Conduct
All attendees must abide by the Festival’s Code of Conduct while on Fairgrounds property. Anyone found to be in violation of any of such terms will be asked to immediately leave the event.
We are committed to providing a safe and welcoming environment. We invite all sponsors, speakers, attendees, media, exhibitors, and other participants to help us create a safe and positive event experience for everyone.
Please be courteous and respectful to those around you and refrain from behavior that interferes with others’ ability to enjoy the event. Refrain from demeaning, derogatory, discriminatory, or harassing behavior and speech. Be courteous and mindful of your surroundings and of your fellow participants. Alert event organizers or staff if you notice a dangerous situation or someone in distress. Attendees shall comply with all requests from Festival staff regarding emergency procedures. Wear your wristband, if one is provided to you, at all times while at the event or event venues.
Unacceptable behavior will not be tolerated whether by an attendee, media, speaker, volunteer, organizer, venue staff, partner, sponsor, or exhibitor. Any person or persons asked to stop unacceptable behavior is expected to immediately comply. If anyone is found to be engaging in unacceptable behavior, the event organizers may take any action they deem appropriate, up to and including expulsion from the event without warning or refund and if appropriate, involvement of local law enforcement.
Unacceptable behaviors include:
- Intimidating, harassing, abusive, discriminatory, derogatory, or demeaning conduct by any attendee of the event or related event activities.
- Physical or verbal abuse, intimidation, threats, annoyance, harassment, stalking, pushing, shoving or use of any physical force whatsoever against any person, which in any way creates a disturbance that is disruptive or dangerous, or creates apprehension, as determined by the festival and its event management, in their sole discretion.
- Possession of a weapon or any item that can be used as a weapon, which may be used to threaten or cause injury to others if used in a certain manner.
- Any destruction or vandalizing of personal property or event property or materials.
- Any boisterous, lewd, or offensive behavior or language, using sexually explicit or offensive language or conduct, profanity, obscene gestures, or racial, religious, or ethnic slurs.
- Possessing any open can, bottle or other receptacle containing any alcoholic beverages, except in areas specifically designated for the consumption of alcohol or being intoxicated, as determined by the Festival, in any area. Please drink responsibly.
- Possessing any illegal substance, including but not limited to narcotics, marijuana, or other illegal drugs. The Festival does not tolerate the use or abuse of illegal substances anywhere in the event venues.
- Smoking and/or vaping is not permitted, other than in designated areas, located outside of the festival grounds.
- Assembling for the purpose of, or resulting in, disturbing the peace, or committing any unlawful act or engaging in any offensive behavior.
- Any other illegal activity not already covered above.
- Failure to obey any of the rules or regulations of the event venues or instructions of the event staff.